Syndicated articles are one of the best ways to create backlinks, the spine of a good SEO campaign. Article syndication is the act of writing a non-sales article on a subject related to your business, and then syndicating it on a channel where other relavant blogs may re-publish the article and link back to your site. A good article can yield hundreds of backlinks. Here are the basics for article writing:
1) Choose a Good Subject and Title: It sounds easy, but its not. You have to come up with a subject or title that is unique, but still interesting to a wide audience. For example, if you are a Florida Real Estate Agent, you may want to write an article called: “Ten Best Beaches for Fishing in South Florida.” This is unique enough to stand out, but not too obscure. If you wrote: “Top Ten Beaches in Florida”, that is far too broad, and there are probably hundreds of articles already on that subject.
2) Write in Plain English: Just as newspapers are supposedly written at a third-grade reading level, your article should be simple to read as well. And frankly, it should be written by those American or Canadian writer, rather than skimping and hiring a foreign writer.
3) Use Lists and Bullet Points: Most people don’t read an entire article. Give them short bullet lists and nuggest of information to digest. We live in a Twitter, fast-food culture after-all.
4) Don’t Use it as a Sales Pitch: Articles are meant to be informative, not a sales pitch. You are trying to establish yourself as an authority on a subject, so don’t write like a snake-oil-salesman.
5) Use Keywords and Phrases: Embed some relavant keywords and phrases in the article, but don’t overdo it. You only need to use them once or twice. With some syndication services, you can then hyperlink those keywords or phrases back to your website.
6) Byline for Sales: At the end of the article, write your byline and tell people who you are or what you represent. For example….
- by Devin Hansen. Devin Hansen is an SEO expert and freelance writer from CertifiedCopywriting.com.
Posted under Benefits of Unique Content
, SEO News
, SEO Writing Tips